Do you love GIFs? If you’re like most people, the answer is probably “yes.” GIFs are a great way to show your emotions and communicate with others. They can also be used to add some fun and excitement to your website. In this blog post, we will show you how to add GIFs to WordPress. We will also provide some tips on how to choose the right GIFs for your website. Let’s get started!
Adding GIFs to WordPress is easy. All you need to do is add a shortcode to the post or page where you want the GIF to appear. The shortcode for adding a GIF is [gif]. To find the URL of the GIF you want to use, visit a website like Giphy or Imgur. Once you have found the perfect GIF, copy the URL and paste it into the shortcode. That’s it! Now sit back and enjoy your awesome new GIF.
When choosing a GIF for your website, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, make sure that the GIF fits with the overall tone and style of your website. A fun and playful website can get away with using more lighthearted and humorous GIFs. A more serious website, on the other hand, should stick to using GIFs that are relevant to the content and tone of the site.
- Secondly, make sure that the GIF is appropriate for your audience. You don’t want to use a GIF that could offend or upset your readers.
Adding a gif is easy with just a shortcode! Simply copy and paste the URL into [gif] and watch it appear on your page or post! But be mindful of what kind of gif you choose- you wouldn’t want to use an inappropriate or offensive one. There are endless gifs out there on the internet, so have fun and experiment with different ones!
How To Add GIFs To WordPress (Without Shortcode!)
If you want to add a GIF to your WordPress website without using a short code, there are a few steps you need to follow.
- First, you need to find the URL of the GIF you want to use. You can find this by visiting a website like Giphy or Imgur.
- Once you have found the perfect GIF, copy the URL and paste it into the “src” attribute of an “img” tag.
What Is A GIF?
A GIF is a short, usually animated image that you can share online. They are popular on social media and often used to express an emotion or reaction. You might have seen them used as reactions in comments or posts, or even as profile pictures.
Adding GIFs to WordPress is a great way to add some personality to your site and make it more engaging for visitors. In this post, we’ll show you how to add GIFs to WordPress in three different ways. Let’s get started!
Method One: Add A GIF Via The WordPress Media Library
The first method is the easiest one. If you already have a GIF that you want to use, you can upload it directly into the WordPress Media Library. Here’s how:
- First, log into your WordPress site and go to your dashboard. In the left-hand menu, hover over Media and click on Add New.
- On the next page, you’ll see a field where you can select or upload a file. Click on the Select Files button and choose the GIF file from your computer.
- Once it’s uploaded, you’ll see a preview of the GIF in the media library.
- Now that your GIF is in the WordPress Media Library, you can add it to any post or page on your site. To do this, simply edit the post or page where you want to add the GIF. In the editor, click on the Add Media button above the text area.
- This will open the WordPress Media Library. From here, you can either insert the GIF into your post or page by clicking on the Insert into post button, or you can add it as a featured image by clicking on the Set Featured Image link in the right-hand sidebar.
Method Two: Add A GIF Via A URL
If you don’t have a GIF file saved on your computer, you can also add one via a URL. This is useful if you want to use a GIF that’s hosted on another site, like Giphy or Imgur.
- To do this, simply copy the URL of the GIF that you want to use.
- Then, edit the post or page where you want to add the GIF and click on the Add Media button.
- In the WordPress Media Library, click on the Insert from URL link in the left-hand sidebar.
- Paste the URL of the GIF into the field that appears and click on the Insert into post button.
Method Three: Add A GIF Via A Plugin
If you want more control over how your GIFs appear on your WordPress site, you can use a plugin like WP Gif Maker. This plugin lets you create your custom GIFs from images or videos that you upload to your WordPress site.
- To get started, install and activate the WP Gif Maker plugin.
- Then, go to Settings > WP Gif Maker to configure the plugin settings.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to create GIFs from images and videos that you upload to your WordPress media library.
We hope this post has helped you learn how to add GIFs to WordPress. For more tips on using GIFs, check out our guide on how to make a GIF from a video. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more WordPress tutorials and resources.
GIFs are a great way to add some personality and fun to your website or blog, but it’s important to use them sparingly so as not to overwhelm your readers. We hope this post has given you some ideas on how and when to use GIFs in your content. Thanks for reading!
In conclusion, adding GIFs to your WordPress site is a great way to add some visual interest and personality. Hopefully, this tutorial has helped you learn how to do that. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. Adding GIFs can make your content more engaging and visually appealing, which can help you attract more readers and followers. With a little bit of effort, you can easily add GIFs to your WordPress site to make it more fun and interesting. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on social media or with anyone who might benefit from it. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on WordPress tips and tricks. Thanks for reading!