A lot of people want to change the background color of their website. It can be a great way to add some personality and style to your site. In this article, we will show you how to change the background color of a single page in WordPress. This is a very simple process, and it only takes a few minutes. Let’s get started!
- First, you need to log in to your WordPress site. Once you are logged in, you need to go to the page where you want to change the background color of. In the top right corner of the page, you will see a button that says “Edit Page”. Click on this button.
- Next, you need to click on the “Page Attributes” tab. This is located on the left side of the screen. Under “Template”, select “Full Width Page”. Then, scroll down and under “Background Color”, select the color that you want to use.
Finally, click on the “Update” button at the bottom of the page. That’s it! You have successfully changed the background color of your single page in WordPress.
What Is A Background Color In WordPress?
The background color of a WordPress page is the color that appears behind the content on the page. By default, most WordPress themes have a white background. However, you can change the background color of a single page in WordPress to any color you want.
How To Change The Background Color Of A Single Page
In this article, we will show you how to change the background color of a single page in WordPress.
- The first thing you need to do is install and activate the Simple Custom CSS plugin.
- Upon activation, you need to visit Settings » Simple Custom CSS page and enter your custom CSS code under ‘Add Your Custom CSS’ section like this:
- Replace 123 with the ID of the page you want to target.
- You can find the page ID by going to Pages » All Pages and then hovering over the page title. The page ID will appear in the status bar of your browser.
- Now, save your changes and preview the page in your browser. You should see that the background color has been applied to that specific WordPress page.
You can also add custom CSS code directly to your WordPress theme or child theme’s stylesheet (style.css) file. However, we would not recommend this as it is very easy to accidentally delete custom code when editing themes or upgrading them. It is always better to use a custom CSS plugin like Simple Custom CSS.
That’s all, we hope this article helped you learn how to change the background color of a single page in WordPress.
How To Change The Background Color Of Your Website
Now let’s move on to how you can change the background color of your entire website in WordPress.
- To change the background color of your entire website, you will need to edit your theme files.
- The easiest way to do this is by using a child theme. If you don’t already have a child theme, then you can create one.
- Once you have a child theme, you need to edit the style.css file and add the following code at the bottom:
- This code will change the background color of your website to black. You can change the hexadecimal code to any color that you want.
- After adding the code, save your changes and preview your website in your browser. Your entire website should now have a new background color.
That’s all there is to it! You can now go ahead and experiment with different colors to find the perfect one for your website. We hope this article helped you learn how to change the background color of your WordPress website.
How To Add Background Image To Your Website
If you want to take things a step further, then you can also add a background image to your website. This can be done by adding the following code to your child theme’s style.css file:
- Replace example-image.jpg with the URL of the image that you want to use as the background image. You can also use a CSS gradient as your background image.
That’s all for this article! We hope you found it helpful and that you were able to change the background color of your WordPress website. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!
That’s how you can change the background color of a single page in WordPress. If you want to change the background color of your entire website, you can do so by editing your theme files. Thanks for reading! We hope this article helped you learn how to change the background color in WordPress. You might also like our other WordPress related articles. If you have any questions or comments, please leave us a message below. We’d love to hear from you! As always, thanks for reading, and Happy WordPressing!