If you run an online store built with WooCommerce, have you ever wanted to change the order of your WooCommerce products? Maybe you want to move a product up or down on the page, or maybe you want to change the order in which they are displayed when someone adds them to their cart.
This can be a tricky process, but it can be quickly learned. In this post, we’ll show you how to reorder products in WooCommerce. We’ll also provide tips for making the process as easy as possible. Let’s get started!
Another interesting read: How To Add Footnotes In WordPress
What Is WooCommerce Product Reordering?
WooCommerce Product Reordering is an excellent tool for store owners who want to organize their products. This feature allows you to set the order in which products are displayed on your WooCommerce store.
For example, you can display products in alphabetical order, by price, by date added, or by popularity. You can also choose to display products in random order. This is a great way to keep your store fresh and new and to ensure that customers see all of your products
. In addition, WooCommerce Product Reordering makes it easy for you to change the order of products in your store. This means that you can always keep your store up-to-date and looking its best.
How Does WooCommerce Product Reordering Work?
WooCommerce product reordering is a reasonably straightforward process. Once you’ve installed and activated the WooCommerce Product Reordering plugin, you’ll need to go to the plugin settings page and select which product attributes you want to be reorderable.
Then, when customers view your shop pages, they’ll see a “reorder” button next to the products. Clicking the “reorder” button will open a dialog box where customers can select how they want the products to be sorted.
They can either drag and drop the products into the order they want or select an attribute from the drop-down menu and sorting method (ascending or descending).
Once the products have been sorted, they’ll be saved in that order for future visits. So if a customer sorts products by size, the next time they visit your shop, the products will still be sorted by size.
Method 1: Default Product Sorting Options Of WooCommerce
By default, WooCommerce products are sorted by popularity (sales). However, several other options can be sorted. These include sort by most recent, sort by price (ascending or descending), sort by rating, and sort by stock status.
Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, sorting by price may be helpful if you want to find the cheapest product first. However, it may not be the most accurate way to find the best quality product.
Sorting by rating can be helpful to see which products are loved by customers, but keep in mind that this is often biased based on how many reviews a product has. The best way to find the right sorting option for you is to experiment with each one and see which gives you the results you’re looking for.
Method 2: Reordering The Product List From The Admin
To reorder the product list from the admin in WooCommerce, you will need to take the following steps:
- Navigate to the Products tab in the WooCommerce admin panel and click on ‘Order products.’
- This will bring up a list of your products and their current order.
- Drag and drop the products into the desired position to change the order.
- Once you are happy with the new order, click on the ‘Update’ button to save your changes.
Reordering your products can be helpful if you want to highlight specific products or change the layout of your shop page. It is also helpful if you need to make changes to many products at once.
Another interesting read: How To Create An eCommerce Website Using WordPress
Method 3: Setting Priority For Individual Products
As an online retailer knows, offering a wide range of products can be a great way to attract customers and increase sales. However, it can also challenge to keep track of all the different products and ensure they are displayed prominently on your website.
This is where the priority setting feature in WooCommerce comes in handy. By setting priorities for individual products, you can control exactly how they are displayed on your site, making it easy to highlight the items you want your customers to see first.
To set a priority for a product, go to the product page in WooCommerce and look for the “priority” setting. You can select a number from 1 to 10, with 1 being the highest priority.
Once you have set the priorities for all of your products, WooCommerce will automatically display them in order on your website, making it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for.
Tips For Using WooCommerce Product Reordering
Now that you know what WooCommerce product reordering is and how it works, let’s look at some tips for using it effectively in your shop.
- Consider which attributes customers would find most helpful. As mentioned above, customers can sort products by any attribute they choose. So before you enable product reordering, look at your products and decide which attributes would be most helpful for customers. For example, if you sell clothes, size and color might be good attributes to allow customers to sort by.
- Don’t forget about product categories. Besides sorting products by attributes, customers can also sort them by category. So if you have products in multiple categories, you might allow customers to reorder by category.
- Think about the customer journey. When you’re setting up product reordering, it’s essential to think about the customer journey. What are customers looking for when they visit your shop? What attributes are most helpful to them at each stage of their journey? For example, if you sell clothes, customers might want to sort by size when looking for something specific. But they might want to sort by color or style if they’re browsing.
- Use product reordering along with other navigation features. WooCommerce product reordering can be a great way to improve the customer experience in your shop. But it’s not the only way. You may also want to consider using other features, such as product filtering and sorting, to make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for.
Another interesting read: How To Customize Your WordPress Emails
WooCommerce product reordering is a feature that allows customers to rearrange products on your shop pages. This can be helpful if you have a lot of products and want to make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for. For example, if you sell clothes, you could allow customers to reorder products by size, color, or style.